We are a coalition of healthcare professionals, associations and societies dedicated to provide Malaysians with important information not only for COVID-19 but also to improve public health by supporting the Ministry of Health. Please help spread our message.
Kami adalah gabungan ahli dan persatuan pakar-pakar kesihatan profesional yang berdedikasi untuk memberikan maklumat penting kepada rakyat Malaysia, bukan sahaja untuk COVID-19 tetapi juga untuk memperbaiki kesihatan awam dengan menyokong Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia. Tolong bantu sebarkan mesej kami.
Please share our page / Sila Kongsi Halaman Kami
Video for Rohingya 1 - Please watch this / Tonton Video Ini
Steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among migrants and refugees
How do we prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Know the symptoms of COVID-19:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
If you experience any of the symptoms above, please seek help immediately.
COVID-19 spreads through droplets that are released from your mouth and nose when a person who is infected with the virus speaks, coughs or sneezes.
As patients with COVID-19 may or may not have symptoms, it is important to maintain a physical distance of more than 1 meter from others at all times.
Maintaining safe physical distance in and out of your dwellings:
- Always maintain a physical distance of more than one meter outside of your dwelling and in shared dwellings such as hostels, “kongsi”, rooms or houses (“Kongsi” is temporary quarters built at construction sites or mills).
- Your beds should be set a minimum of 1 meter apart.
- Physical distancing of more than 1 meter from others should also be maintained at the workplace and in public spaces such as the market, shops, ATMs as well as on public transportations such as busses and vans.
- Do not shake hands with anyone.
- Take turns to have your lunch at the workplace to ensure physical distancing is maintained.
- Do not share the same tray, plate or spoons during meals.
- Avoid gathering in groups during meals, prayer and celebrations.
AS A PRECAUTION, WE NEED TO ASSUME THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN INFECTED BY COVID-19.
Video for Rohingya 2 - Please watch this / Tonton Video Ini
Steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among migrants / refugees
Tips for effective hand washing
- Wash hands using soap and water for 20 seconds (20 seconds is how long one would take to sing “Happy birthday” twice!)
- If you are outside, you may use a hand sanitiser, but soap and water is sufficient.
When should I wash my hands?
- Before touching your face, nose, mouth, and eyes.
- After touching any surface such as doors, door knobs, staircase railing, bus seats in public spaces or your workplace before touching your face.
- When you arrive home from work or public spaces.
- Before and after work.
- Before and after meals.
BE MINDFUL TO ONLY TOUCH YOUR FACE AFTER WASHING YOUR HANDS
Do I need to use a face mask?
- Using a face mask when your are at work or in public helps reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Ensure the face mask covers your nose and mouth properly.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, using a face mask will prevent others from being exposed to the virus when you speak, cough or sneeze.
- You are advised to wear a face mask if you are in congested living spaces. It also important to maintain physical distancing and wash your hands regularly.
CONGESTED DWELLING PLACES SUCH AS HOSTEL, SHARED ROOM, AND MAKESHIFT QUARTERS (KONGSI) ARE CONSIDERED PUBLIC SPACES.
I do not have a face mask. What other alternatives are they? Are self-made masks safe to use?
- If you do not have a face mask, you can make your own face mask using fabric such as a used T-shirt, small towel, or silk bandana.
- Ensure the fabric is folded into several layers.
- Wash your face mask every day or if it is wet. (https://bit.ly/2Sl7uQ9)
What else can I do to protect myself and my family?
- Cover your nose and mouth with tissue paper and face away from others when you cough.
- Keep your home clean. Wipe down any surface in your house using soap and water.
- Ensure everyone in your home maintains personal hygiene and keeps the surroundings clean.
- Avoid shaking hands and physical contact with others.
- Remember to maintain physical distancing.
TAKE A DEEP BREATH. DO NOT WORRY. YOUR SAFETY IS IN YOUR HANDS. YOU CAN DO IT. UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDED STEPS TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19.